If you are a patient in Brighton and Hove, you can now request an appointment between 6:30-8pm on weekdays, 9am-5pm on Saturdays and 9am-4pm on Sundays, by contacting your Surgery in the usual way. These include remote (telephone) and face-to-face appointments with GPs, Nurses, Pharmacists and Healthcare Assistants. Please note that face-to-face appointments may be held at a different location to your usual Surgery.
This service is for new, recent medical conditions such as:
- Minor illness symptoms
- A new minor injury (not requiring urgent medical attention)
- A problem that can easily be resolved by prescribing a short course of medication (e.g. an infection); or
- Flare up of an existing condition that doesn't require a patient's usual GP
This service is not for:
- Any problem that would better be seen by a Practice GP with knowledge of the patient and the condition.
- Issuing a repeat prescription.
- Complex or urgent mental health needs.
- Travel medication.
- Requests for controlled drugs (such as opiates/benzodiazepines).
If you are interested in working for the Enhanced Access service, please visit the Join Us page
We are offering and developing a range of specialist services such as Menopause Clinics, Coil Clinics, Long-term Condition Management and group consultations.
We have continued to develop the Brighton and Hove Community Menopause Clinic with 4 specialist clinicians currently working at 3 sites across Brighton & Hove.
The Clinic is staffed by clinicians with additional qualifications in Menopause Care, and offers specialist assessment, advice, and treatment with the option of face-to-face and telephone appointments.
If any of the following apply to you, please speak to your Surgery to book an appointment:
- You have difficulty controlling your menopause symptoms, or the side-effects of any treatment(s) you have tried.
- You are unable to take Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) (e.g., due to risk factors in your medical or family history) and have not responded to any non-hormonal treatment(s) you have tried.
- You have a history of breast cancer and would like to discuss managing your menopause.
- You are more than 10 years post-menopause and wish to commence HRT.
- You have suspected or confirmed Premature Ovarian Insufficiency.
We are delighted to share details relating to the newly established Brighton and Hove Coil Clinic.
The Clinic is staffed by clinicians with additional qualifications in Coil Procedures and advice, and offers specialist assessment and coil fitting/removal. An initial telephone consultation can be booked via a patient's GP surgery reception. Following a consultation with one of our specialists, a face-to-face procedure appointment will be booked.
Following consultation, our team can fit devices for contraception or HRT.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.